It's important to find out which travel vaccinations you need early on:
· Travel vaccines have to be ordered as they are not a stock vaccine
· In some cases you may need a course of vaccinations with gaps between
· There needs to be enough time allowed for the vaccines to work.
Information about vaccines needed for your destination can be found at www.fitfortravel.nhs.uk
Please note: you need to give at least 4 weeks notice for vaccinations at the surgery.
To arrange travel vaccinations please follow these steps;
1. Fill in a pre-travel questionnaire and hand this to Reception. The questionnaire is available from the surgery, or can be downloaded from the 'Our Documents' page on this website. We need a questionnaire for each person in the family who is making the trip. You can email your form to firstname.lastname@example.org. When you submit the questionnaire you can make a telephone appointment with a Practice Nurse for 3 days time.
2. At the telephone appointment the Practice Nurse will have assessed the questionnaire and you can discuss;
- Which vaccines you need
- If there are charges for the vaccine
- An appointment for your vaccination, or schedule if you need a course of vaccinations.
3. If you need to pay for any travel vaccinations you will need to do this in advance.