Claiming Statutory Sick Pay

Posted by: marcia - Posted on:

Did You Know?

You only need a doctor’s ‘fit note’ (or sick note) if you’re off sick for 7 days or more.

If you need to be paid Statutory Sick Pay by your employer for less than 7 days you can self-certify by either; 

  • Using your employer”s specific form,
  • Writing to your employer, 
  • Completing the HM Revenue & Customs form.

For further information about Statutory Sick Pay click on the words ”fit note” highlighted above or visit:

To download a copy of the HM Revenue & Customs form go to ‘Our Documents’ page on this website.